Donations for the 2022 Sale
Donations are no longer being accepted for this year’s sale.
If you missed our last day for donation drop off, please consider contacting St. Vincent de Paul, Guelph Goodwill Community Store, Mission Thrift Store, Salvation Army Store, or Value Village for information regarding their donation policies.
CONDITION REQUIREMENTS: Donated items in poor condition are discarded during the pre-sale sorting process. Disposal of these items is costly and time-consuming. The Friends will not accept:
- Any item that is dirty, water damaged, chewed, smoky, stained, mildewed, showing any sign of insect infestation or smelling musty
- Books with torn, or missing pages, or items that are severely worn (especially paperbacks)
- Hardcover books and paperbacks with pages so “yellowed” that the print is hard to read
- Books with very loose or broken bindings
- Games, puzzles or media sets with missing or broken pieces
With regret, we cannot accept:
- These media types – Audio-cassettes, books on audio-cassette, video-cassettes, CD’s, Books on CD, or vinyl records
- Sheet music
- Magazines and Journals, either individual issues or collections such as large runs of National Geographic
- Encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Blank-page journals or diaries
We gratefully accept:
- Fiction and non-fiction books for readers of all ages, children to adults.
- Hardcover, soft-cover, trade-paperback, large-print books in any size ranging from mass-market paperback to large coffee table sized books
- Games and puzzles that are intact
- Antiquarian, rare and collectible books (pre-1960 with a copyright date)
- Media – DVD’s, blu-rays.