Donations for the 2023 Sale
Because we do not have a permanent home we are unable to accept donations between sale years.
Check the website in the new year for the date we will resume donation drop offs.
If you are unable to keep your donations until next year, please consider contacting St. Vincent de Paul, Guelph Goodwill Community Store, Mission Thrift Store, Salvation Army Store, Value Village, or other charitable book sales for information regarding their donation policies.
If you are starting to assemble donations for our next sale please note the following important guidelines…
CONDITION REQUIREMENTS: Donated items in poor condition are discarded during the pre-sale sorting process. Disposal of these items is costly and time-consuming. The Friends will not accept:
- Any item that is dirty, water damaged, chewed, smoky, stained, mildewed, showing any sign of insect infestation or smelling musty
- Books with torn, or missing pages, or items that are severely worn (especially paperbacks)
- Hardcover books and paperbacks with pages so “yellowed” that the print is hard to read
- Books with very loose or broken bindings
- Games, puzzles or media sets with missing or broken pieces
With regret, we cannot accept:
- These media types – Audio-cassettes, books on audio-cassette, video-cassettes, CD’s, Books on CD, or vinyl records
- Sheet music
- Magazines and Journals, either individual issues or collections such as large runs of National Geographic
- Encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Blank-page journals or diaries
We gratefully accept:
- Fiction and non-fiction books for readers of all ages, children to adults.
- Hardcover, soft-cover, trade-paperback, large-print books in any size ranging from mass-market paperback to large coffee table sized books
- Games and puzzles that are intact
- Antiquarian, rare and collectible books (pre-1960 with a copyright date)
- Media – DVD’s, blu-rays.