We are sorry, but donations for the 2018 book sale are no longer being accepted.
Thank you to all of you who have so generously given items for this year’s sale.
You might try Goodwill, Salvation Army, the Elora Festival, or other charities that accept books and media for their sales.
If you would like to set aside items for next year’s sale………….
The Friends of the Guelph Public Library are very grateful for your donations – they help to make the sale the great success it has become year after year. This is what we accept and (with regret) cannot accept for the annual sale:
Donated items in poor condition are discarded during the pre-sale sorting process. Disposal of these items is costly and time-consuming. The Friends will dispose of:
- Any item that is dirty, water damaged, mildewed or musty smelling
- Books with torn, or missing pages, or items that are severely worn (especially paperbacks)
- Hardcover books and paperbacks with pages so “yellowed” that the print is hard to read
- Books with very loose or broken bindings
- Games, puzzles or media sets with missing or broken pieces
- Any items showing signs of insect infestation or mold
With regret, we cannot accept:
- Items described above
- These media types – Audio-cassettes, books on audio-cassette, video-cassettes
- Magazines and Journals, either individual issues or collections such as large runs of National Geographic
- Encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Blank-page journals or diaries
- Books or media items whose content is no longer of general interest or utility – eg. very old medical or consumer help guides.
We gratefully accept:
- Fiction and non-fiction books in any language appealing to adults, young adults, and children
- Hardcover, soft-cover, trade-paperback, large-print books in any size ranging from mass-media paperback to large coffee table sized books
- Textbooks (recent, no highlighting or underlining, and no marginal notations)
- Games and puzzles that are intact
- Sheet music, Scores, Music Songbooks (pop, folk, rock, country, musicals); Music Instruction books for learning (banjo, drums, guitar, piano, ukulele)
- Antiquarian, rare and collectable books (pre-1960 with a copyright date)
- Media – CD’s, books on CD (please no talking books on audio-cassettes), LP’s, DVD’s, blu-rays.