Thank you for your contributions to the 2019 sale!
If you would like to get a head start on the 2020 sale the condition requirements and types of acceptable materials are listed, below.
If you are unable to hold on to donations until then, you might try the Elora Music Festival book sale, other charitable book sales, Goodwill, Salvation Army, or Bibles for Missions.
Watch this space in the Spring for more information about donations for the 2020 book sale!
CONDITION REQUIREMENTS: Donated items in poor condition are discarded during the pre-sale sorting process. Disposal of these items is costly and time-consuming. The Friends will dispose of:
- Any item that is dirty, water damaged, mildewed or musty smelling
- Books with torn, or missing pages, or items that are severely worn (especially paperbacks)
- Hardcover books and paperbacks with pages so “yellowed” that the print is hard to read
- Books with very loose or broken bindings
- Games, puzzles or media sets with missing or broken pieces
- Any items showing signs of insect infestation or mold
With regret, we cannot accept:
- Items described above
- These media types – Audio-cassettes, books on audio-cassette, video-cassettes
- Magazines and Journals, either individual issues or collections such as large runs of National Geographic
- Encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Blank-page journals or diaries
- Books or media items whose content is no longer of general interest or utility – eg. very old medical or consumer help guides.
We gratefully accept:
- Fiction and non-fiction books in any language appealing to adults, young adults, and children
- Hardcover, soft-cover, trade-paperback, large-print books in any size ranging from mass-media paperback to large coffee table sized books
- Textbooks (recent, no highlighting or underlining, and no marginal notations)
- Games and puzzles that are intact
- Sheet music, Scores, Music Songbooks (pop, folk, rock, country, musicals); Music Instruction books for learning (banjo, drums, guitar, piano, ukulele)
- Antiquarian, rare and collectable books (pre-1960 with a copyright date)
- Media – CD’s, books on CD (please no talking books on audio-cassettes), LP’s, DVD’s, blu-rays.