Profits from ten years of book sales have been used for a variety of Library support initiatives. A significant proportion is accruing toward a major gift for the Library (the investment balance presently exceeds $630,000) when the sod is finally turned for a new central library building.
In addition, in recent years The Friends:
- made the lead gift of $10,000 to establish the Library’s endowment fund.
- supported the cost of two pieces of library-related art.
- funded the purchase of the new Charging unit in the main library.
- supported the cost of the internal fittings for the new bookmobile.
- provided matching funds for grant applications
- supported children’s reading programs
- agreed to fund a program to provide library packages including board books for each of the more than 1600 babies born in Guelph every year.
Support for the Friends of the Library assists with current as well as future initiatives to help make our Library one of the best in the country.